Sps Pieces Needed

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 20 May 2012 , 3:22pm by leah_s

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 10 May 2012 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 9

Hi guys!

I am looking for a couple specific pieces, but im not even sure they exist. If so can you point me in the right direction on where to buy?

I need a 4" square separator plate.
I am also looking for columns to go into a 5" cake tier (I would prefer pre-cut, but am open to suggestions) I know they make 4" columns but id like to make the tiers a little larger.

If you know where i can find either, I am grateful!

8 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 10 May 2012 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 9

I haven't seen any plates smaller than 6". I use the Wilton plastic columns when I need to cut them to something other than 4".

CiNoRi Posted 10 May 2012 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 9

Thats what i was afraid of. the wilton ones don't fit the Bakery Crafts SPS plates, correct?

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 10 May 2012 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 9

Cut a cake drum to size. Get dowels long enough to go through the entire cake (all the tiers) Use dowels or bubble straws under the 4''cake drum to support it.

CiNoRi Posted 10 May 2012 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 9

Yeah, I know i can make the similar idea, I was just hoping to find it in SPS form. For what im planing to do, it would just make things sooooo much easier! icon_wink.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 May 2012 , 7:40pm
post #6 of 9

SPS doesn't make 4" plates. Which is why I never ever designed a cake with a 4" tier.

They DO make a pre-cut 5" pillar. It's in the multi-piece set. the base leg is 5" Just toss the extensions.

CiNoRi Posted 11 May 2012 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

SPS doesn't make 4" plates. Which is why I never ever designed a cake with a 4" tier.

They DO make a pre-cut 5" pillar. It's in the multi-piece set. the base leg is 5" Just toss the extensions.

Thanks for your input! I'll make my own setup for that top tier.

Ok, i thought so. Do you happen to know the pillar's model number (or can you point me to somewhere to buy them)? The sites I'm looking at have several pillars listed, and their descriptions are not helpful in differentiating. I just want to make sure i order the right ones! icon_wink.gif

Many thanks!!!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 20 May 2012 , 1:50pm
post #8 of 9

Sorry, didn't notice the post update. The Wilton ones do fit the SPS. They don't stay in when you lift the plate because the plastic isn't as thick as the SPS, but they do fit pretty well. I just imprint the placement with the SPS plate on the top of the cake, then put the Wilton dowels about halfway into the cake, then put the plate onto the dowels and push the rest of the way in. Hope that makes sense, have quite a headache at the moment.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 May 2012 , 3:22pm
post #9 of 9

From the Oasis site. Seems pretty clear to me.

9" MULTIPIECE GRECIAN COLUMN / 1 DZ/BOX
Item #: BC GC9S
Multi piece columns, consist of a 5" Grecian section, collar and two 2" extension pieces. Use with the Bakery Crafts SPS System.
Price: $12.95

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%