Chocolate Gnace

Baking By nikit2680 Updated 9 May 2012 , 11:35pm by carmijok

nikit2680 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikit2680 Posted 9 May 2012 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 4

ive tried a number of different recipes and chocolate and cannot get it to thicken up i want ot use it between cake layers help???? icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
mo_gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo_gateaux Posted 9 May 2012 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 4

I use the Planet Cake recipe which is 1.2 kg (2 lb 10 oz) of milk or dark chocolate to 600 ml (21 fl oz) of cream. Bring the cream to it's boiling point, then pour over the chocolate. Let it sit a few minutes, then whisk until it is smooth. Cool it completely in the fridge. It may take as long as overnight to set. To use it, put as much as you need in the microwave for 20 seconds. Be sure not to cook it in the microwave.

I usually use a table cream when making the ganache. Also, if using white chocolate it would be different ratios.

Good luck!

princesscris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscris Posted 9 May 2012 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 4

The trick is to leave it overnight to set-up - you can leave it on the kitchen bench or put it in the fridge. I prefer to leave it on the bench because the consistency is perfect the next morning - like peanut butter - and there's no need to microwave to soften. But the fridge works great if you need to work with it sooner.

Cris.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 May 2012 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 4

I use a recipe that was in a Southern Living magazine and it works great. Very easy.

12 ounces of chocolate chips (I just use the Toll House semi-sweet)
1 1/2 cup whipping cream (the best tasting to me is Land 'o Lakes)
3 TBL of real butter

Heat whipping cream until just about to boil and remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt.
Whisk in the butter until melted, smooth and shiny.

Cool 20 minutes before using.

Whip ganache if desired in mixer with whisk attachment until fluffy

There you have it!

For use in fillings I usually whip the ganache. It takes a little while but it does get fluffy...almost like a mousse type of texture. It's really tasty! I sometimes add a little Kahlua for extra flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%