Pre-Making Fondant Decorations, ? About Storage

Decorating By goeasycakes Updated 9 May 2012 , 8:02am by tifanny_8

goeasycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goeasycakes Posted 9 May 2012 , 12:16am
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake for Saturday that will be covered in buttercream but have fondant decorations. I'm also making cake pops for the same person and know both will take me alot of time.....so, I want to make the fondant decorations tonight or tomorrow and then store until I assemble the cake Friday night. How should I store them, was thinking between two sheets of wax paper and put in a ziploc. I'm worried they will get too soft but I suppose once I put them on the cake, they'll dry out a bit.

Advice?

2 replies
DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 9 May 2012 , 12:24am
post #2 of 3

Just did some. I placed mine on a sheet of waxed paper and they're sitting on my dining room table - tonight before I go to bed I'll place another sheet of waxed paper loosely over the top as a dust guard. You actually want them to set up a little - makes them easier to handle when putting them into place. Fondant items take weeks to dry hard and in the Spring there's a lot of moisture in the air which keeps the fondant soft (soaks up moisture like a sponge).

tifanny_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tifanny_8 Posted 9 May 2012 , 8:02am
post #3 of 3

I did mine on monday for a cake thats for friday.. I just put them in a cool a/c'd room/room temp to dry out.. they are already a bit hard to the touch and ready for deco on friday!
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%