Covering Hot Sugar Cookies With Mmf??

Baking By mandirombold Updated 5 Jun 2012 , 6:06am by scp1127

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 8 May 2012 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 5

I read on a website that the lady tops her cookies right out of the oven with rolled MMF and it melts it right to the cookie..has anyone done this before??Does it hold its shape? does it melt?

4 replies
nan_c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nan_c Posted 8 May 2012 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 5

I have used the Marshmallow Rolled Buttercream for decorate cookies recipe posted here on cc many times and it is a big hit with all my family and friends. icon_biggrin.gif I find it sticks to the cookies if I put it on them right out of the oven and then remove them off of the pan onto the cooling rack and yes it holds it's shape. If I am stacking them I put wax paper between them.

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 21 May 2012 , 1:17am
post #3 of 5

It holds its shape and adheres right to the cookie. You can even take your finger and smooth the fondant out to the edge of the cookie if you want, but you have to do it carefully. It's easy to stick your finger right into the warm MMF.

Debi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debi2 Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 1:23am
post #4 of 5

I also apply fondant to the cookies right out of the oven and it works great! If the cookies cool too much, the fondant won't adhere...so you do have to work quickly to get the whole cookie sheet full done.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 6:06am
post #5 of 5

I didn't know that. I have always used piping gel brushed on with a paint brush.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%