Crusting Chocolate Buttercream

Decorating By slwdickey Updated 9 May 2012 , 4:30am by Wildgirl

slwdickey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slwdickey Posted 3 May 2012 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 4

I am wanting to try a chocolate buttercream for the first time. But on several of the recipes I have looked up, the buttercream is called "crusting". What is crusting chocolate buttercream? Can you pipe with it? Is it good to frost an entire cake with?

Thanks in advance,

3 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 8 May 2012 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 4

"crusting" means the frosting becomes "touchable" without it sticking to your finger or plastic wrap. It's a good thing.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 May 2012 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 4

It dries to a touchable finish after a time of being on the cake. As was said, one can touch it and it does not come off on your finger and often does not even leave a mark on the icing.

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 9 May 2012 , 4:30am
post #4 of 4

The crusting chocolate bc recipe on here is delicious by-the-way! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%