The Large Cupcake Tree To Fit 300 Cupcakes Worth It??

Baking By jenscreativity Updated 5 May 2012 , 1:13pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 3 May 2012 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 12

Anyone order the 300 cupcake tree holder from cupcake tree website? Is it really sturdy and worth the cost? I want to order but want to find out if it's really worth it! Thanks!

11 replies
jenscreativity Posted 3 May 2012 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 12

anyone know?

jamawoops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamawoops Posted 3 May 2012 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 12

I used the round one for my sister's wedding in March. I didn't use the bottom tier and we only had about 145 cupcakes on it with a birdcage cake on the top tier. It was fine for the cupcakes but got a little unstable when I added the birdcage cake, but it was a pretty heavy cake. It was 3 6" x 2" layers with a dome that was probably 3" at the highest point, complete with filling and covered in fondant, then decorated with fondant flowers and had 2 bird figurines made out of fondant and gumpaste. I repeat, it was very heavy! The stand survived my sister and her husband cutting directly from the birdcage cake and guests coming up and taking cupcakes off the stand themself so I think it was worth it.

jenscreativity Posted 3 May 2012 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 12

that sounds wonderful! Did you post that cupcake set up you did by any chance? I would love to see that!

Thanks

jenscreativity Posted 3 May 2012 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 12

anyone else have thoughts on this cupcake holder? THanks!

Jenifer

jenscreativity Posted 3 May 2012 , 10:44pm
post #6 of 12

anyone else know??

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 4 May 2012 , 11:56am
post #7 of 12

I wasn't sure about it at first, but then I saw the note about spraying it with spraypaint to make it resuable. It might not be a bad investment as they're not very expensive. The one thing to watch out for, though, is that there's only 4" between the tiers. If you get crazy with your cupcake decorations, they may not fit on the stand.

jenscreativity Posted 4 May 2012 , 12:34pm
post #8 of 12

Ok Great! I will then see how tall my cupcake is in between tiers with the decoration

Thanks so much!

Jenscreativity

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 May 2012 , 6:03am
post #9 of 12

I have the big one and it works just fine. The weight is actually what keeps it stable. The stand is short on height between the tiers, so even on the big one, I still only put one outside layer around each level. I then start going out around it on the table. I have a picture of it on my site. Now I have two years' worth of pictures but I haven't added them yet

BUT... I am OCD about covering it. I bought it for a Breast Cancer Awareness function and meticulously covered every inch perfectly in pink paper and ribbon. It took me 2 1/2 hours. No one could pay me to do that again uless I did it for charity for free.

I have some absolutely beautiful stands that I use to take center stage. But I have this one boxed up and I just use it every year for the Breast Cancer Benefit. Too much trouble.

And if you let the client cover it, if it's a bad job, it will ruin your display. It is very time-consuming to cover this in a professional manner.

The stand, in my opinion is too ugly and cheap to just spray paint. It's obviously cardboard and has those slots everywhere. When I covered mine, no slots were detectable.

I also (OCD me) completely covered the naked stand with clear contact paper, cut outs and all. Another 2 hour project.

scp1127 Posted 5 May 2012 , 6:04am
post #10 of 12

duplicate post

scp1127 Posted 5 May 2012 , 6:04am
post #11 of 12

duplicate post.

jenscreativity Posted 5 May 2012 , 1:13pm
post #12 of 12

Ok great! I just needed to know for sure before I bought this so I think I will invest in it..!

thank you soo much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%