French Silk Pie Cupcake....

Baking By cupcakequeen511 Updated 2 May 2012 , 6:53am by scp1127

cupcakequeen511 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen511 Posted 1 May 2012 , 2:40am
post #1 of 4

alright I really want to make this happen its my boyfriends favorite desert and I am dying to get it into a cupcake. I'm thinking maybe a pudding type cake with a whipped topping and choc curls...

I don't really like the idea of doing a filling with just the pie filling into a cupcake, thats to simple.
I want this to be a cupcake that is literally like the pie.

maybe a pie curst bottom...i dont know what do yall think???

any suggestions are appreciated icon_smile.gif

3 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 1 May 2012 , 11:09am
post #2 of 4

Then just do mini pies. If he likes the pie then make him the pie. That's like me saying I love apple pie and then I get handed some applesauce, LOL. Two different things. You can do the pies in the cupcake pans easily enough. I just watched an episode of America's Test Kitchen where they mastered the French Silk Pie, and they even cooked the eggs too.

The whole thing with the French Silk is the filling. The pie crust is just a regular crust. I wouldn't bother doing that for a cupcake because you won't be able to taste it. The filling is where it's at. So if I were to do a cupcake, I would do a mild chocolate cupcake and pump in the filling. Then I would do another swirl of filling on the top, followed by a swirl of whipped cream. Oh, and since this is an icebox pie, you need to use an oil-based cupcake recipe because the cupcakes should be served cold. If you HAD to include the crust, I would cut it into little circles that could be put on top of the cupcake before adding the other filling and whipped cream swirl. That's a hell of a cupcake.

annie

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 1 May 2012 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 4

I, too, love French Silk Pie. One year I made myself mini-versions (cupcakes) instead of a birthday cake. I made a graham cracker crust using chocolate wafers and pressed the crumbs into the bottom of paper liners and baked for a few minutes. I used the same French Silk Pie filling and plopped it high. Then used chocolate curls for decoration. After chilling, the paper liners peel back easily. Now I'm drooling again.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 2 May 2012 , 6:53am
post #4 of 4

That's what I was thinking. I would just make mini pies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%