What Kind Of Flowers Are These?

Decorating By madicakes Updated 1 May 2012 , 6:03am by Chellescakes

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 1 May 2012 , 12:41am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone know what kind of flowers these are and where I may be able to purchase them?

2 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 1 May 2012 , 4:19am
post #2 of 3

My guess is that they are made of gumpaste and are no particular flower, just "flower-shaped." You can use a small blossom cutter for the smaller ones. The big ones look like each petal was cut and then assembled with stamens or something to represent stamens.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 1 May 2012 , 6:03am
post #3 of 3

They are just made with a five petal blossom cutter , in different sizes. They could be made from either flowerpaste or fondant with tylose in it.
Very easy to make. The stamens are made from cotton by the looks of it. I use quilting cotton when I do this stiffened with just a little shortening to help them stand up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%