Which Damask Stencil?

Decorating By vgcea Updated 29 Apr 2012 , 7:58pm by vgcea

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 4:55am
post #1 of 6

I'm trying to decide on a damask stencil set to get. These things are quite expensive so I can only get one set at this time. For those who have these stencils, is there a particular one that is more popular or that you get the most use out of? Any cheaper options out there?

Martha Stewart's Damask:

http://www.designerstencils.com/Martha-Stewarts-Damask-Cake-5-tier-Set-P12607C26_SKU_C406.aspx

Filigree Damask:
http://www.designerstencils.com/Filigree-Damask-Cake-Set-P13700_SKU_C550.aspx

5 replies
ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 5:09am
post #2 of 6

I think I like the second one better, but its a tough call. Have you checked Michaels? I saw some there several weeks ago. I should have gotten them, but the line was long with one cashier. I will have to get them next time.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 5:10am
post #3 of 6

I just used some scrapbooking paper to stencil with today.
It was a lovely design and only cost me a dollar a sheet from the cheap shop. admittedly I only got one cake out of the sheet but for a dollar , I couldn't be bothered cleaning it .

vgcea Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 5:18am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeFLL

I think I like the second one better, but its a tough call. Have you checked Michaels? I saw some there several weeks ago. I should have gotten them, but the line was long with one cashier. I will have to get them next time.

Damask stencils? I think I'll stop by and see what they have at the store before I buy either one of these.

Chellescakes I have considered making my damask stencil but I can't seem to find a damask pattern that is not too complicated to cut out They all seem so intricate by nature). And I'm not certain the final result would be worth the time and hassle.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 7:20am
post #5 of 6

I didn't have to cut out the paper , it was already done when I bought it.
I just wish I had bought more when I got them as I am really happy with the result .
Image[/img]

vgcea Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellescakes

I didn't have to cut out the paper , it was already done when I bought it.
I just wish I had bought more when I got them as I am really happy with the result .
Image[/img]

^^ That's pretty. I checked out Micheals and found some pretty stencils. I'll probably check out Hobby Lobby too. I bought some stencil making kit so I'll probably be trying out designs I find online.

For now I'm going to go with the filigree damask set since that was the one that first caught my eye.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%