Any Ideas How How To Do This

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 30 Apr 2012 , 2:51am by arlenej

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 7

I have seen many display ideas similar to these:
http://amynixonevents.blogspot.com/2011/07/wedding-cake-alternative-cake-pops.html
http://static-2.socialgo.com/cache/25771/image/3358.jpg

But i was wondering if you all had any input on how to set something like this up where the guests can still easily/ cleanly take a pop by the stick (I assumed these are attached to a cake or something) I have a friend that wants to do something like this where there is no wedding cake but just pops for the guests. icon_wink.gif

Thanks!

6 replies
arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 7

Seriously, I'd stick them in cake. Sorry. I mean, this way, there's more to go around after they're done with the pops.

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 7

They are only having like 50 guests, so not enough to warrant a full on cake icon_wink.gif She just want pops

myxstorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myxstorie Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 12:09am
post #4 of 7

Cake dummy, maybe, with enough space at the end of the stick to pull it out?

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 7

I would use styro cake dummies , just ice them ( I would use fondant. )and use a pop stick to make the holes before sticking the actual pops in.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 7

If you had the pops on a stick and pushed into foam, wouldn't the pop tend to pull off the stick when the guest went to pull it out? Since they will be grabbing the pop itself, why not just skip the stick? Glue the pops onto the dummy ( or whatever you are using) with a dab of icing or candy melt or whatever might work.

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 2:51am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by denetteb

If you had the pops on a stick and pushed into foam, wouldn't the pop tend to pull off the stick when the guest went to pull it out? Since they will be grabbing the pop itself, why not just skip the stick? Glue the pops onto the dummy ( or whatever you are using) with a dab of icing or candy melt or whatever might work.

Denetteb that's a really smart idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%