Mmf -Vs- Mff

Decorating By DeniseNH Updated 27 Apr 2012 , 11:39pm by dantherex

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 3:37am
post #1 of 4

Was disappointed with last weeks batch of Marshmallow Fondant so I tried the recipe on CC called MFF. Let's just say that it looks like the skin on my thighs - like it needs liposuction. It's also very ivory. What in the heck did I do wrong. So many on CC said they loved it.

3 replies
dantherex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dantherex Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 4:05am
post #2 of 4

It all depends on your climate. I live in the Texas Southwest so you can imagine it is drryyyyy out here.

1. You cannot exclude any of the ingredients. The glycerin is the most important as well.
2. The mixture of butter milk corn syrup etc etc needs to be blood temp. Only slightly warm. I left it out to cool i think 15-20 minutes so make sure it's cool before you start mixing it.
3. Sift all the powdered sugar you use with this.
4. I finished the white chocolate fondant with a total of 2 lbs and 1 cup. It needs to be soft enough to slightly hold up but remember that as you let it rest it is gonna dry + get hard.

hopefully if you give it a second try it will come out icon_biggrin.gif

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 4

Check, check, check and double check. I did all you suggested. The only thing I can think of is that I need to add more powdered sugar because as it sits in the bag it's still soft. Can you tell me if I have a type-o on my recipe. Mine say's 3 TABLESPOONS of gelatin - is this correct or should it be 3 TEASPOONS. Tastes great though.

dantherex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%