Blu Domain

Business By vgcea Updated 30 Apr 2012 , 5:42pm by vgcea

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone. I'm planning to get a website by the end of summer and just found this site. Some threads here on CC have sung the praises of the site.

My question is, since they have so many packages/options which would you recommend for a cake decorator? My goal is to have something simple, easy to navigate yet elegant.

Thank you.

7 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 8

bludomain has a poor reputation for uptime. I would recommend 1and1.com as an alternative, along with hiring a professional web designer to put your site together.

vgcea Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the suggestions Jason.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 8

And then there's me, who is now on their 4th Blu site. Love them. If you need snappy quick replies to each and every question, and can't fix little problems yourself, you may want to hire someone. They are great for people who like to DIY and tinker, and don't mind a little bit of hassle every once in awhile (haven't had any in over a year though), in exchange for pretty cheap beautiful templates and hosting. No matter what, I suggest you get an HTML site so your page can be viewed on the numerous types of mobile devices out there.
Honestly, for cakes, stick with a simple template.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 8

Mine could be much better if I sat down and went through it, and I was a better photographer, but overall, I think my sites have been really nice.

vgcea Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks AZCouture. I'm off to check out your site icon_smile.gif

vgcea Posted 25 Apr 2012 , 3:32am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture

Mine could be much better if I sat down and went through it, and I was a better photographer, but overall, I think my sites have been really nice.

Your cakes are just gorgeous! The most important pieces of info are clearly stated. Looks good to me.

vgcea Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 5:42pm
post #8 of 8

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%