Cake Spill Over In Oven

Baking By katy87 Updated 25 Apr 2012 , 12:54am by Sarahoza

katy87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy87 Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 1:49am
post #1 of 2

Hi this may seem like a silly question but I've only just started baking cupcakes last week and I really enjoy it but I'm having a few problems, 1) my cupcakes spilled over their cases in the oven, is this because I put to much in the case? I wanted to make my cupcakes big but cant if they spill out and the dont rise up just seem to stay flat. 2) My cupcakes are sticking to the their cases when trying to eat them so the cupcake ends up torn in half. But other than that they have been really nice and just need a little help getting them perfect. Thanks for listening xx

1 reply
Sarahoza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarahoza Posted 25 Apr 2012 , 12:54am
post #2 of 2

Hi Katy,

Isn't it wonderful to make cakes that everyone enjoy?? ^_^

Let me ask you this regarding your cupcakes sticking to their liners are you sure that the recipe you're using is a very good one?? If yes then, maybe try and spray the cupcake pan with the liners in it lightly with a good quality oil spray. And do wait for the cupcakes to be totally cooled before you unwrap them.

You always have to fill the cupcake liners 2/3s to 3/4 max. If you want it to be big then try using bigger cupcake liner or a cake mix. I know a lady who used Betty Croker cake mix for cupcakes and I even mistook them for muffins because of how big they were.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Sarah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%