Creamcheese Frosting For Piping Recipe. Newbie

Baking By whaleflower Updated 22 Apr 2012 , 3:56pm by ycknits

whaleflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whaleflower Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 3

Hello,

I am making a giant red velvet cupcake. Everyone says it should have creamcheese frosting on it becasue they go well together. I've never used it before and i'm wondering what the best recipe would be for it. I am making large roses using tip 1M over the whole top of the cupcake and i'm worried that creamcheese frosting is slippery and will just slide off. lol Anyone have any experience with doing one of these and having it stay on the cupcake. lol

Thanks!!!

2 replies
LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 3

Check out "Decorators Cream cheese Icing" recipe. It's great for frosting and decorating. Use a regular cream cheese icing recipe for the filling though.

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBD

Check out "Decorators Cream cheese Icing" recipe. It's great for frosting and decorating. Use a regular cream cheese icing recipe for the filling though.

I totally agree with LeeBD. The Decorators Cream Cheese Icing is the BEST for decorating. Although it doesn't taste as decadent as what we think of as Cream Cheese icing, it has a very nice, pleasant taste with a light taste of cream cheese. Don't try piping the regular cream cheese icing.... its too soft and adding more PS to stiffen it up doesn't work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%