Wedding In June - White Choc Ganache Or Imbc Under Fondant?

Decorating By Panel7124 Updated 20 Apr 2012 , 1:53pm by Panel7124

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 7:47am
post #1 of 5

What's better for an outside event in June on a sunny hill slope - can be hot, around 95F and humid. Both are not ideal. Unfortunately shortening based BC is not an option. (It's my first over $1000 cake yay! icon_smile.gif ,so I'd better get it right!). Thanks in advance for your advice!

(If you want to have a good laugh, here I'm supposed to deliver, these are the ruins of a medieval castle - note where the cars are parked and where the tents are LOL )
LL

4 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 5

I'd go with the ganache for sure!

LaWmn223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaWmn223 Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 5

I live in an area that is always humid...today its is 78degrees with 83% humidity at eight o'clock in the morning....Ganache is the way to go with high heat/humidity. thumbs_up.gif

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 5

I'm so jealous! Just look at that scenery - it's absolutely gorgeous! An outdoor wedding here, even with a tent, deals with sand and cactus and rattlesnakes and scorpions.

Seriously, I would definitely plan on assembling on site. icon_wink.gif

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everybody for your replies! Ganache is one of the fillings anyway, so I was thinking along the same line.. but it's always better to have a confirmation from other experienced guys.

jgifford: we are squeezed in between the lake and the mountains, so to drive anywhere is a nightmare... The scenery is fabulous - for the bride! She will arrive in the helicopter but others have to walk (climb) uphill for 15 min in the heat. I'd like to see all those ladies walking in high heels icon_wink.gif I'd propose the same treatment for the cakes (helicopter) but for $500/flight it's not going to happen LOL. Fortunately they decided to go with an alternative solution inspired by Jennifer Dontz photo - so I'll probably deliver everything stacked, they are quite small (and all have fondant borders). Good point though!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%