Cake Pops (Didnt Know Where To Post This)

Baking By Foolhardyheroes Updated 9 May 2012 , 9:12pm by Foolhardyheroes

Foolhardyheroes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foolhardyheroes Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 2:55am
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone. I have a big order of cake pops coming up (450) and I was wondering if you guys knew how early I could start making them? I want to start now (eight days ahead of the due date) but I don't plan on refrigerating them because I don't want them to crack or have a problem with condensation Do you guys think this is too early? I'm thinking they'll be okay. but of course I don't want to be wrong either.

3 replies
Itsacakepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Itsacakepop Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 5:33am
post #2 of 4

Believe it or not you can freeze decorated cake pops. I had a huge order that was due a day after I returned from a vacation and I had them all ready (individually wrapped in cellophane bags, tied with curling ribbon) I put them in shoebox sized rubbermaid type containers and froze them. I took them out of the freezer and didn't open the boxes till they were completely thawed. They were as fresh as the day I made them. I did try freezing a few samples first to make sure it worked icon_smile.gif

Annie70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie70 Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 3:05am
post #3 of 4

Would you consider sharing your recipe?? I think I used to much frosting when I made them last time. I have only made them once but want to make them for my daughters graduation...thanks!!

Foolhardyheroes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foolhardyheroes Posted 9 May 2012 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 4

Sorry I didnt respond to this sooner! But I took ur advice! They turned out wonderfully! Thank you!

And Annie Im not sure if u meant me or Itsacakepop! But if ur using canned frosting then half a can will do the trick for one cake recipe. If ur using ur own then Id say about a cup (or less) it def depends on the cake u baked. Cakes that are dry require a little more frosting where as really moist cakes need very little. Basically u just want to add JUST enough to keep them bound together. My suggestion would be that if your unsure... Just add a little at a time until ur able to easily make little balls without them falling a part! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%