Vote Which Logo I Should Use! :d

Business By pieceofcake561 Updated 14 May 2012 , 2:31am by pieceofcake561

pieceofcake561 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake561 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:25am
post #1 of 20

Taking a vote!
I am trying to decide which logo to use for my upcoming bakery.

Piece of Cake Bakery will offer customizable cakes, cupcakes and cookies. Customers will have the ability to personally design cakes to complement their special occasion. This includes everything from tiered wedding cakes to one of a kind 3D birthday cakes.

Please vote for the logo you like best (#1-#7). Changes in color or font are possible so let me know why you like/don't like the logo.

Thanks SO much!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

(logos created by www.gddesignstudio.com)
LL

19 replies
Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 8:51am
post #2 of 20

I like 4 icon_smile.gif Looks the most pro to me icon_smile.gif

I see #7 is tied in 1st place, but to me, that one seems more of a coffee shop logo than a bakery.

HTH

Springrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Springrl Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 9:31am
post #3 of 20

I agree with Tails, the #7 is more like a coffee shop logo than a bakery...

But I personally prefer #1

sleaky77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleaky77 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 9:32am
post #4 of 20

I like #3

cags31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cags31 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 9:53am
post #5 of 20

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 1:58pm
post #6 of 20

I find the font on 1 and 2 hard to read and I agree with the others that 6 and 7 look more like a coffee shop. I voted for 4 but also like 3

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:11pm
post #7 of 20

I like #4 as well - - the other are kinda hard to read.

cakecraving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraving Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:24pm
post #8 of 20

I voted twice not sure if it will count it or not. I voted for 1 and 3 the only thing I dont like about #2 is it looks like the word cake is falling off of your sign but I like the piece of cake logo since that is what you are going for.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:32pm
post #9 of 20

I agree the first two are too hard to read.

I don't see the "coffee shop" implications on the last two... it's a cupcake with swirl, not a steaming coffee cup! Very creative.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:35pm
post #10 of 20

I voted for #3. I like the simplicity of the line drawing. I don't think the legibility will be a problem when the logo is blown up to the size you would normally use, and I'm very partial to a more minimalist kind of design. Best of luck with your bakery!

ranae5463 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranae5463 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:53pm
post #11 of 20

I voted for #4, but think that "Bakery" should be centered. I agree with others above that the bottom ones, at a quick first glance, remind me of a coffee cup.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:59pm
post #12 of 20

I'm with Ranae...#4 and center the Bakery.

Must be exciting to picking your "look".
Good luck with your venture. thumbs_up.gif

mommachris

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 3:03pm
post #13 of 20

I really like 1 & 5, and 4 if the little chef's hat wasn't there...it makes it look like a diamond ring...

6 & 7 look like swirls of ice cream to me

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 7:22pm
post #14 of 20

I like #4 without the hat, with Bakery centered, and inside the circle have one piece of cake and one cookie or cupcake, to show that you do other things than cakes.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 7:30pm
post #15 of 20

I'm not a big fan of the script, I think it looks a little dated. #5 is my pick, it's the most readable and should scale up nicely.

stormrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stormrider Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 7:38pm
post #16 of 20

I voted for #1 but I would like it better if the chef hat was replaced by the cake slice.
#2 is too droopy looking and I liked #3 also but it reminds me of pancakes somehow.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 1:30pm
post #17 of 20

Number 5 was my favorite, but I'm not a fan of the typeface for Piece of Cake. It just looks kind of juvenile and bubbly. Number 4 has potential, but I would lose the chef's hat, change the picture to one piece of cake (after all it is the "Piece" of Cake bakery icon_smile.gif ) and also change the typeface to something a little more modern.

pieceofcake561 Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 5:58am
post #18 of 20

Wow! All of the comments are SO helpful. I would have never thought about the diamond ring, the pancakes & the coffee cup. Thanks so much everyone!! I'll post the final logo as soon as it's completed icon_smile.gif

deuceofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deuceofcakes Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 4:41pm
post #19 of 20

I wasn't going to say anything, but if I were you I'd want to know this. I don't mean this to sound rude but on a quick glance the script in the first samples, I didn't read it as "Piece" but something that started with P and ended with "ss" (with one letter in between if you get my drift). icon_redface.gif I had to look closer to read it correctly. I KNOW that's not the first impression you're trying to give so I figured I would share that with you.

I also wouldn't go for a cupcake swirl design f you are called "Piece of Cake" - better to stick with the piece of cake, no? I agree with the others that you need a simpler, more modern font to go with your cake graphic. Perhaps put the "of" in the middle of the cake, but in a way that the slice is still visible? It is really hard to come up with a good logo. You might want to browse on Etsy as there are lots of good designs there which may give you ideas. Good luck.

pieceofcake561 Posted 14 May 2012 , 2:31am
post #20 of 20

Sorry it has taken me so long to post this. Thanks everyone for all of the votes and opinions. After tallying everything up here & in other votes taken, the winner is #5 (with a few alterations icon_smile.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%