Question For Better Creame (From Sams) Users

Decorating By sberryp Updated 19 Apr 2012 , 2:05pm by sberryp

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 6

I opened my butter cream for the first time today out of the deep freezer and I expected it to be hard to scoop out because it was in the deep freezer but it was not. Is it usually easy to scoop out? I don't want to serve it to my son's guest at his birthday party if it's not good.

Also, I just scooped out some and put the rest back in the deep freezer in case it's still good. The expiration date it Jan 2013. Hoping for good news, I don't want to waste my money, but I don't want anyone to get sick.

5 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 6

Is it But-R-Cream or a non-dairy whipped cream product?

sberryp Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 6

Another question, can you a cake in fondant that it iced with better-creme? Or is it just used as a filling?

sberryp Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, that's it sorry, I thought it was better creame, but it is the whipped one.

vickim6948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickim6948 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 1:37am
post #5 of 6

Is it Rich's bettercream (whipped topping)? If so, normally it does not scoop out that easy when frozen solid. Also, I would not use it under fondant. However you can use it as an icing or for fillings. It is also shelf stable. So it does not need to be refrigerated, unless you have added fruit to it. Please know also that it is not dairy free. It does contain dairy proteins. Which depending on someones allergies, it could cause issues. If you need more info on the product, there is a good thread on here, it will also link you to the companies website. I would be more than happy to answer any questions also, I have a lot of experience with this product. HTH

sberryp Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much for your help. The product is bettercreme. It taste and looks fine, I just didn't know if this was normal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%