Stress Free Cake Support

Decorating By believer Updated 19 Apr 2012 , 2:34pm by DianeLM

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 10

Has anyone used these. I just saw a youtube video. It looks amazing. But the cost is a little high for me. I am always afraid for my cakes and usually take the top tier down early. How do you stack your cakes?

9 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 10

I use Stress Free supports for most of my cakes and I absolutely love them! Yes, it's a significant invenstment, but well worth the peace of mind. I transport my cakes fully assembled.

I give my customer a postage paid Priority Mail box addressed to me and instruct them to place the pieces in the box and drop it in the mail after the event. When I receive the equipment, I mail a check to refund their deposit. Works great!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 10

I use SPS. It's easy, cheap, sturdy and disposable. Just build the cost into the cake. There are a LOT of people on here who use SPS!

See my siggy for more info.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 10

I love the stress free supports. The only thing is you must get them back. I've been using SPS for a long time now, keeping my stress free supports in reserve. The brides like not having to return the SPS.

Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 10

We use them for all our wedding cakes, and bought a couple of sets. They are great. Super easy to stack ( a put the cakes in the freezer for 10 minutes before stacking). The company provides great customer service as well. We routinely transport 5 tier cakes with it. I request a security deposit on the pieces and the client will return the equipment after the wedding.

DianeLM Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 11:59pm
post #6 of 10

One of the advantages of the Stress Free Supports over SPS is how easily the height can be adjusted to accomodate the size of the cake tier. Because of the threads on the rings, each size leg has about an inch of play and there are countless leg heights.

All you have to do is twist the legs up or down to get the correct height. With SPS, you either build your cake to fit the legs or have to use a cutting implement to get all the legs the right height. And if you accidentally cut them too short, you're SOL. With Stress Free, if you twist them too short, just pull the ring out and twist to adjust.

I am also partial to using a center dowel. Even though it's not entirely necessary with Stress Free Supports, sometimes my top tier is small, or tall and narrow. I like the reassurance of a dowel holding the top tier on. Can't use a center dowel with SPS.

It just comes down to what suits your way of doing cakes best.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 12:43am
post #7 of 10

I also use the Stress Free Supports and have been very happy with the system.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 1:42am
post #8 of 10

To those who use the Stress Free supports, do you charge a deposit equal to the replacement price?

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 9:51am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsweet

To those who use the Stress Free supports, do you charge a deposit equal to the replacement price?

replacement price plus shipping. Shouldn't cost me a penny to replace it if they lose it or damage it!

DianeLM Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:34pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

Quote:
Originally Posted by howsweet

replacement price plus shipping. Shouldn't cost me a penny to replace it if they lose it or damage it!

DITTO!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%