Is It Too Early To Bake And Cover?

Decorating By MaurorLess67 Updated 15 Apr 2012 , 2:47pm by ReneeFLL

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 2

Hi Guys!

Ok- I am making a cake for a friend at work (baby shower)- it's for Wed. I am so, so busy the beginning of this week- I'm a teacher and tutor after work, also lesson prep- (I only wish that a teacher's day ended at 3pm!-- NOT!-- ha)

I just recieved my Magic Line Pan sets!!!!-- Can't wait to start using them- just looking at them you can so see the difference from the Wilton pans!--

Can I bake the cakes this morning- fill and let them settle for a few hours, wrapped and then start to cover and decorate tonight- finishing up Monday night- and any last minute stuff for Tuesday? I would really like to have the majority done tonight.

No room in my freezer, and I am very, very slow at decorating- still have such a hard time getting smooth buttercream- for me everything takes 2x as long as I think it will. I have already made my fillings, ganache and buttercream and started my topppers etc- I have to prep the board which also takes longer then expected.

Will the cake stay fresh if I bake, fill and cover tonight for Wed?

Thanks- Mo

1 reply
ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 2

That should be fine. Some people leave them out for a week or longer. If you were to have perishable fillings then it should be in the frig.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%