70's Flowers Help Please!

Baking By Ritakk Updated 15 Apr 2012 , 1:29am by CWR41

Ritakk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ritakk Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 5

I know you all know your stuff, and could probably answer this question quicker than I can google for 2 days! icon_smile.gif

I have a 60 cupcake order next weekend... she requested pastel colored smooth icing on the cupcakes, and 70's loopy flowers and butterflies.... I am probably going to do fondant butterflies, but how in the heck do I make 70's loopy flowers that will stand up? Do I try using a royal icing recipe? do I leave the middle loops open or flood them in? She is wanting white and pink butterflies and flowers... any help at all would really be appreciated. My first thought was to use RI without flooding and having just an outline...I've made a RI tiara before, I'm thinking about trying this method...any suggestions? TIA
Ritakk

4 replies
sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 5

The only other thing I could think of is either using watered down fondant that is thin enough to pipe (not sure how hard that dries, though and and the type has to have a limited amount of gumtex to do it) or chocolate melts?

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 5

I am a little bit lost.. I am not sure what this means:

Quote:
Quote:

70's loopy flowers and butterflies

Do you have an image you can share?

Ritakk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ritakk Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 12:15am
post #4 of 5

Unfortunately Jackie the only picture I found, I found at work and now I am unable to find it... It's basically a sunflower but larger fat-er petals. Not 3d. Just want dried so I can kinda tilt them on the cupcake...icon_smile.gif does that make since? icon_smile.gif I picture it in my head though...I think I'm going to try and use Royal Icing tomorrow and see how they come out though.
Rita

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 1:29am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritakk

Unfortunately Jackie the only picture I found, I found at work and now I am unable to find it... It's basically a sunflower but larger fat-er petals. Not 3d. Just want dried so I can kinda tilt them on the cupcake...icon_smile.gif does that make since? icon_smile.gif I picture it in my head though...I think I'm going to try and use Royal Icing tomorrow and see how they come out though.
Rita

I think it makes sense, a five-petal flower like '70s "flower power"! Just pipe them with a large opening round tip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%