Adding Chocolate To Buttercream Dream Recipe?

Baking By Mommacoz Updated 12 Apr 2012 , 1:38am by Mommacoz

Mommacoz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommacoz Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 12:59am
post #1 of 3

I have some Buttercream Dream that I had made over the weekend for an Easter cake I did.

Learned today that a coworker is leaving on Friday and I was asked to do a cake, Some of the icing I have is colored already and some is white. I don't think I have enough white to do the entire outside and filling so I was thinking I could take the colored icing, it is a light brown done for a basket design, and turn it into chocolate for the filling. Can I add melted chocolate after the fact and turn it into a chocolate filling, or am I better off adding cocoa powder.

Now just to come up with a design. His nickname is Rabid Dog, thinking of just doing a doggie face in fondant and maybe use some mini-marshmallows for a foaming mouth, hmmmm.

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 1:29am
post #2 of 3

I always melt chocolate to add to any buttercream i make. (american, smbc, imbc, etc. I don,t melt it on hight heat. It is just warm when i add it to any buttercream. That is just what i like to do .Some people add the cocoa. hth

Mommacoz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommacoz Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 1:38am
post #3 of 3

Thank you. Does the melted chocolate change the texture of the buttercream, I am ok if it is does, just wondering what to expect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%