Bake Even Strips

Decorating By jjohnson2610 Updated 9 Apr 2012 , 3:39am by shanter

jjohnson2610 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjohnson2610 Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 4:49am
post #1 of 9

So I have started using the bake even strips and like them except for when I go to move the cake pan into the oven they come off. Any ideas on how to keep this from happening. It is really getting annoying.

8 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 6:25am
post #2 of 9

It sounds like you are not pulling them tight enough.

jjohnson2610 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjohnson2610 Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 9

So had the strips as tight as they would go then went to put the pan in the oven and it fell off again. Is there a special trick with the putting the pin in? I realize this shouldn't be this difficult but for whatever reason they are just not working for me.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 9

Maybe they are not wet enough.
I usually just used paper towels folded to 2" strips. When they were wet enough they would stick to the pan just fine all through the baking. When I would take the pans out of the oven some of them were loose and maybe 2 or 3 would fall off onto the rack - never had catch on fire icon_smile.gif

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 8 Apr 2012 , 3:38am
post #5 of 9

Is there an angle or a slope to the side of your pan? Another way to ask is, do your pans nest inside each other? If there is a slope to the side it can be difficult to get them to stay. The strips do work great with straight sided pans.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Apr 2012 , 6:04am
post #6 of 9

Wrap the pan, put the pin in toward the overlapped excess, into the overlap and then into the beginning of the strip. If you go the other way, it will fall off.

patti1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patti1955 Posted 8 Apr 2012 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 9

I find it's easier to get them on if I turn the pan upside down. Then they have to sit on the lip of the pan while I pin them tightly.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 2:20am
post #8 of 9

I don't use the pin that comes with it. I use the metal clips in the office supply section. Not paper clips, but the one you use when you have a large amount of papers you want to temporarily clip together.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 3:39am
post #9 of 9

Binder clips. I use wet newspaper covered with aluminum foil and held tight with a binder clip on straight-sided pans. I don't use the tapered-side pans since I found out they make straight-sided ones. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%