Problems With Bcc560 Edible Image Printer

Decorating By mamapastel Updated 7 Apr 2012 , 12:19pm by icingimages

mamapastel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamapastel Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 5

I have aquired a BCC-560 edible image printer and scanner. My problem with it is that the black ink doesnt work and I am not sure how to fix it. All the ink cartridges have ink and they seem to be ok, so I guess that the printhead is dirty. I have cleaned it off with the solution and a q'tip but it doesnt seam to work still. I paid a bit too much for it not to work. Is their anything else I can do?
icon_confused.gif

4 replies
vickim6948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickim6948 Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 1:21am
post #2 of 5

I would perform a deep head cleaning. Follow the printers instructions to do this. I'm not familiar with model though. Also, does all the other colors work? You can also go into the printers settings and make sure that something is not disabled in the settings. I know that this may seem vague, but this is what I would start with and have done in the past. Is the printer recognizing all the color cartridges?

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 4:36am
post #3 of 5

Run an nozzle check to see how the colors are coming through. If a color is missing, be sure that you pulled off all the necessary tabs. If you have, you will have to follow the manufacturers recommended proceedures for cleaning the printhead. Do you know how old the printer is?

mamapastel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamapastel Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 5:17am
post #4 of 5

All the other colors work just fine, just not the black. I think it is just clogged in the printhead. The printer is old, but I am not sure how old , I would say at least 6 to 7 years old.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 5

Ok, first, if you cannot get it going, do not spend money on it. Other things will start going wrong and its just not worth it. You may need to dampen your sponges in your printer.
Are you a customer of ours?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%