Golf Cart And Clubs

Decorating By AnnieCahill Updated 6 Apr 2012 , 6:49pm by costumeczar

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 7

Hey guys,

Any tips on how to make a golf cart and clubs? What was described to me is very similar to this:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1601823/golf-cake

How do you get it to appear elevated? I'm assuming I need to make some kind of axle and build the cart on top of that? One of the things I'm also trying to figure out is the bars to hold up the roof of the cart. Should I use spaghetti or wire covered with gumpaste? I don't usually get into sculpting or modeling so I'm out of my element on this one. I used to be very artsy back in the day so I think I can do it. Guess we'll see LOLz.

Any suggestions would be great.

Annie

6 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 7

Also, I was trying to figure out how to make the cart kind of elevated like in that picture, like a real cart that's kind of sitting above the tires, if that makes sense.

AnnieCahill Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 11:10am
post #3 of 7

Anyone?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 7

That just looks like a little gumpaste cart, you could make the base of it and let it dry, then put the wheels on etc and support it underneath with a thinner rectangle of fondant or gumpaste to rasie it up off of the cake in the center. Leave the edges of the base free from the support and it will look like it's sitting up by itself. Cut some little notches out of the base for the wheels to fit into. Here's a photo of the base of a car cake to show you what I mean by that, since I don't know if any of what I just wrote will make sense. It makes sense in my head, but sometimes it doesn't translate. http://acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/2010/04/car-cake-steps.html

For th bars on the roof, I'd use wooden skewers and cover them with fondant or gumpaste to match the base. I don't trust spaghetti as that kind of a support.

AnnieCahill Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks! For the wheels, what's the best type of glue to use? I want it to be strong so nothing pops off.

Thanks again!

costumeczar Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 7

Melted candy melts! It sticks to everything and dries like cement. Well, not everything, but sugar yes.

costumeczar Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 6:49pm
post #7 of 7

This thread has given me an idea for my etsy shop, I should give you royalties thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%