Opinions Please - Leave Board Plain Or Decorate?

Decorating By emma_123 Updated 5 Apr 2012 , 3:14pm by emma_123

emma_123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_123 Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 9

Hello,

I've just been making a lion cake based on the customer's child's drawing and I did ask her if she had any preference about what was on the board and she didn't (she was very specific about how she wanted it to look so thought it was best to check!). Now I've just done the cake I can't decide on what to do with the few bits of board that are showing through. Do I just leave it plain or maybe put some coloured sugar to cover the silver bits? I thought maybe green but I can't decide and wanted to get a second opinion! Any other ideas are greatly appreciated too!

Here is the cake -

8 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 9

First, that cake is freaking adorable.

I'd leave the board as is. The cake covers most of it, and there is very little left. If you had a wide expanse of empty board I'd probably decorate it, but you don't.

JaniceBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaniceBest Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 9

Very cute cake. I think it looks good the way it is.

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 9

I agree with karateka. Cute cake! It looks great as is!

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 12:52pm
post #5 of 9

I totally agree with the other posters. Just leave it as it is. It looks great. Awesome cake.

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 9

By the way, are you going to put it in your photos? I would love to save it!

sugarpixy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarpixy Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 1:00pm
post #7 of 9

What a cute cake. It looks great as is.

chaka1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaka1 Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 1:45pm
post #8 of 9

Your cake is fantastic...love it. I would leave it as is, this way you have somewhere to hold on to it. Very nice.

emma_123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_123 Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 9

Ah yes I hadn't thought of something to hold onto - good thought! Thank you for your lovely comments, I do hope the lady likes it its quite close to the drawing I did so hope she's happy with it!

I think I'm going to leave it as it is, I wasn't happy with a bit of the mane so put some more on top of it and now I'm not happy with that bit so I think leaving it as it is is best!

Oh and yes I will save it in my photos once I take the 'proper' photos of it once I've put some ribbon on the edge of the board too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%