Toy Story Figures As Toppers

Decorating By Krystal323 Updated 2 Apr 2012 , 8:13pm by myxstorie

Krystal323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krystal323 Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 6:36am
post #1 of 6

Am making a 3 tier fondant toy story cake...its a replica of wht I had made before .the difference is tht I place the toys on site n this time I won't be there to do so...how can I place toys on fondant so tht they won't fall wen delivered?

5 replies
myxstorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myxstorie Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 6

You could glue them on with royal icing, providing they're not too top-heavy and the person delivering the cake will be pretty careful with it. Will there be anything on the cake you could use for support on the taller ones? Any vertical lettering or backdrops?

kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 6

I used Tylose glue on this cake and they stayed put during transport... even the one on top. I must say, it's some fabulous stuff!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2258184/toy-story-cake

myxstorie Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 6

Kendra, I was wondering if shelling out for some tylose powder was worth it... I think you've just convinced me!

kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 6

It really is worth it. I use it a lot to glue on heavier items, plus, you can add it to fondant to make gum paste. It makes it sturdier and less apt to crack on figures or more delicate items. Wilton makes something called Gum-Tex which is essentially the same thing and you can find it at a pretty affordable price at Hobby Lobby or Michael's.

myxstorie Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I'm in the UK, so I'll probably have to buy it online, but next time I've got a more novelty cake to do I'll certainly give it a try icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%