How To Fake Whip Cream For Outdoor Market Display??

Decorating By Beansss Updated 1 Apr 2012 , 2:36am by DeniseNH

Beansss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beansss Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 6

I'm sure there must be some kind of trick for this... I'm planning on selling cupcakes and other goods in an outdoor market. I figure I can keep my product that I'm selling in a cooler to keep it fresh, but still need something to put on my table for people to look it and order off of. Any other ideas on outdoor display items appreciated as well. Thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 6

How about marshmallow cream? Would that hold up?

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 6

Professional food photographers use shaving cream to replace whipped cream since it holds up better to heat generated by the lights.

They also use glue instead of milk when shooting cereal.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 6

Can you use royal icing to frost the display cupcakes, instead of buttercream? You'd have to make lots of it to frost a nice amount of cupcakes, but it will hold up perfectly once it's fully dried and you can keep them afterwards for future events, just keep them stored in cardboard boxes away from light and dust. The cupcakes will just go stale, not mouldy.

Beansss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beansss Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 6

awesome! Thanks for the tips!!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 1 Apr 2012 , 2:36am
post #6 of 6

That's what one of the ladies in our cake group does only she takes it one step further. For cupcake displays, she fills the cupcake papers with dry oatmeal then tops it off with royal icing swirls. The dry oatmeal keeps forever and so will the royal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%