Fondant Inconsistency

Decorating By Jeff_Arnett Updated 1 Apr 2012 , 6:24am by rvonderfecht

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 5

Have any of you had issues with Duff brand fondant not being consistent in texture and handling? I generally like to use the Duf fondant because it doesn't dry out quickly and it also works well in the cricuit.....but the last two containers of yellow have been awful...I've probably thrown half of it away. Anyone else had issues?

4 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 5

To me, Duff's fondant looks and feels almost like plastic - - like it's made from oil. I like that it's very soft straight out of the container, but it never gets very firm. I've never used the yellow so I can't comment on that. I usually mix Duff's with something else anyway - - hardly ever use it straight.

Sorry, didn't even answer the question. No, I've never noticed any inconsistencies. It's all been pretty much the same.

KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 5

I haven't used the Duff brand, but I know that a lot of times with weather changes so comes changes with the way our tried and true products handle. What is it the fondant is doing?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, I find the yellow to be very odd. I have to wonder if it has something to do with the lemon flavoring.

I've had to knead it a lot to get it workable and still had hard bits throughout.

Wish they'd make a vanilla/buttercream flavored yellow and be done with it.

Rae

rvonderfecht Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvonderfecht Posted 1 Apr 2012 , 6:24am
post #5 of 5

I've had problems with color consistency from container to container. I recently bought two 2 lb containers of white and one was not white but more off- white. Needless to say I wasn't very happy, especially considering the price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%