Banana Cake Help

Baking By Debbye27 Updated 28 Mar 2012 , 11:42pm by Debbye27

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 6

I got a request for banana cake...I am going to try one of the recipes on here...but was wondering if the banana cake would freeze well, since I usually freeze them for 2 days. Also what would be a good recommended filling? I'm going to do the giant cupcake cake- so will have two layers of filling and was considering using fudge for the top...but don't want so much chocolate on the inside.
Does anyone have a recommendation for which banana recipe to use?

Thanks!

5 replies
Debbye27 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 6

bump

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 6

I have tried several from scratch banana cake layers. LIke them all. They will freeze well. Done that!!! Cream cheese icing for the filling(original recipe for cream cheese icing, not the doctored one) would be a great filling or a from scratch caramel filling. You can make the caramel and then add it to smbc or regular amereican b/c and that would be great too. I have used a raspberry filling(from scratch) in a banana cake. All of these would be great with a chocolate frosting. hth

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 6

Peanut butter buttercream is awesome with banana. Add some chocolaye chunks in the batter and you have one of my favorite cakes.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 6

I just made this recipe and it is very good. I plan on filling mine with a carmel chocolate chip mousse, then a traditional buttercream frosting.

But I like the idea of the peanutbutter chocolate chip filling. NUMMY!!!! But it is for a 1st birthday, so we are staying away from nuts, just in case.

http://cakecentral.com/recipe/super-moist-banana-cake

Debbye27 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 11:42pm
post #6 of 6

thanks! I think pb sounds yummy- but they didn't like the idea, I am going to make a chocolate caramel filling and either a fudge or ganache (I can never get a good pipable ganache) for the topping!

Making cakes tonight so I can freeze them-thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%