Topsy Turvy Cake Pans

Decorating By skaggs1 Updated 5 Nov 2012 , 11:19pm by paula0712

skaggs1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skaggs1 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 6

This may be a silly question or maybe I am over thinking it, but I bought the topsy turvy cake pans, so how do I use them? Please Help LOL!!!

5 replies
paula0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula0712 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 6

When I use mine, I make sure to fill them a little more than 1/2 full, use a flower nail, (or 2 depending on which size of tier) in the "deep end" of the pan, and bake at 325. I have had no problems with doing it this way. Also, when I torte them, I use an Abgay so I get a nice even level cake.

skaggs1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skaggs1 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for your help! How do you stack yours?

paula0712 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 6

I use the upper tier and trace a "template" in the fondant on the lower tier, then carve out about a 1/4" at the deepest part, till a regular pan of the same size as the upper tier sits level on the lower tier.... hope this makes sense. I then place the fondant back to prevent the cake from drying, dowel rod as normal and then place the upper tier and "seal" the edges with buttercream.

SunshineBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineBaker Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 6

So, Paula, you still cut out a section even when using these pans? I was wondering about that because I was concerned the cakes would still be at risk of toppling over if not sitting flat. Somebody else said they just put a long dowel down through all tiers, which I would do anyway, but I would think there still would be a chance of falling if the tiers weren't sitting flat.

paula0712 Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 11:19pm
post #6 of 6

Hi!

I do cut out the section, that way I know they are actually sitting level and won't take any chances of them sliding.... my worst nightmare is having them slide off, even if the dowel is in place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%