Military

Decorating By MoonicaLeigh Updated 27 Sep 2005 , 6:11pm by wenderful9

MoonicaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoonicaLeigh Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 6:24pm
post #31 of 37

I think that everyone would agree that there are good and bad points to being in the military. Commisarry good icon_lol.gif TRICARE can be bad icon_twisted.gif LOL

usaribbon.gif

oohlalacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oohlalacakes Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 11:46pm
post #32 of 37

I'm in the Air Force, have been for 11 years. Originally, I wanted to make a career of it, but now that I'm a single mom of a 3 year old, I need/want some stability, so I think at the end of this enlistment, that'll be it for me. I hate to put in 14 and stop, but I also don't want to move either. Luckily, I've been here in GA for 6 years (England for 4 before this), but they've been threatening to move me a lot lately. icon_sad.gif Despite all this, I'm doing so many cakes, I hardly have time for my real job!! I think everyone should go in the military for at least one enlistment. When I was coming out of high school, I knew nothing (even though I thought I knew everything). The military has given me the chance to take my time and decide what it was I wanted to do with my life. Good to see so many military on here!

usaribbon.gif Samantha

MoonicaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoonicaLeigh Posted 21 Sep 2005 , 5:47pm
post #33 of 37

Wow, I'll be out of the loop here in a few weeks for a good little while. We just found out this morning that we are PCSing to Ft Campbell, KY. But I know that no matter where I go, there will always be Cake Central (as long as there is a phone line LOL) icon_lol.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Sep 2005 , 6:15pm
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrunning

Navy wife here, My DH has been in the Navy for 5 years now, he is going to be a lifer as well. We are currently stationed in Washington aboard the USS Stennis. I love the commissary but dislike deployments and long hours.

Navy wife, toughest job in the Navy

I was stationed right around the corner from Bremerton......I loved the Bangor Commissary, it is one of the best ones I have seen in all my travels........though sometimes the commissary's prices arent cheaper, well much anyway, but when you dont pay tax on stuff thats awesome~!

mrsrunning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsrunning Posted 23 Sep 2005 , 4:09pm
post #35 of 37

I love Bangor COmmissary too, I find that the Commissary can be more expensive on certain items but not enough to make me go another trip to a different store. I love the Hospital here, very nice. I live in Jackson Park luckily in the newer style townhouses.

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 27 Sep 2005 , 6:00pm
post #36 of 37

" I think everyone should go in the military for at least one enlistment. When I was coming out of high school, I knew nothing (even though I thought I knew everything). The military has given me the chance to take my time and decide what it was I wanted to do with my life."
OohLaLacakes I feel the exact same way! I joined the AF at 19 and LOVED it. I wanted to make a career out of it but along came my husband and Kids. Before having my little girl I got out of the Active world and went Reserves. I had planned on when my husband came back from Korea I would go back active...until I saw how my daughter reacted when he came home and I went out shopping. She was terrified that I would Leave her. I knew right then and there that as much as I loved my country and my fellow Brothers and Sisters in Arm that I couldn't leave her. So I have been a military spouse for 6 years now and can't see myself with/out the military. I love it and So does my husband. Many people say they would discourage their children from joining...Not me I feel like EVERYONE (unless physically or Mentally disabled) should have to serve at least one term! It's SO WORTH IT!

wenderful9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wenderful9 Posted 27 Sep 2005 , 6:11pm
post #37 of 37

I'm a military wife. Almost married 2 years, been together over 5. My husband is in the Navy. Was stationed in Norfolk for 4 years on the USS Nassau, then we got married and we were sent to Key West Fla! ..Weve got til Dec 2007 here. Anyone else stationed in Key West?!

The perks are ok, the commissary here isn't the greatest, its very very small, but has the basics so it's ok. A lot cheaper than out in town!! It's so expensive here!!!! ... If anyone would like to talk the Screenname is cmlegend99 on AIM/AOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%