Cake At 45 Degrees

Decorating By Pria Updated 28 Mar 2012 , 1:18am by Spooky_789

Pria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pria Posted 26 Mar 2012 , 10:38am
post #1 of 4

Hi All you cake gurus out there... please help....

I need to understand how CakeGirls managed to get this cake done. The drum on the right of the image (the compliments) is at a 45degree angle... how in the world do you get cake to do that ? Did they perhaps use a drum that was cut out on one side so that the other side could support the cake ?

Please help me de-mystify this one....
LL

3 replies
Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 2:48am
post #2 of 4

I actually just watched this episode of Amazing Wedding Cakes on WE tv this weekend. They made the cake, then created a hole from the bottom corner up to the top opposite corner, and put the dowel through it.

She didn't plan very well and it ended up with the writing on the can facing downwards, then she had to turn everything around.

If you have On Demand cable, you can probably find the episode and watch it.

Pria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pria Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 5:26am
post #3 of 4

Hi Spooky......

Whoa Cool ! I am so glad you watched it. I live in South Africa and we do not get this show - I wish we did though.

If that drum was just cake, how in the world is it being supported it sit at 45 degrees ? It makes no sense - the cake would need to be very hard to prevent it from being crushed at the bottom as well as staying in place.

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 1:18am
post #4 of 4

http://www.yidio.com/show/amazing-wedding-cakes

If you can access this website, you can watch Season 3, Episode 2, where they show how this cake was made. It's free if you have NetFlix.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%