Do You Think I Charged Fair?

Decorating By Alwayzmakincake Updated 24 Mar 2012 , 1:54pm by BizCoCos

Alwayzmakincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alwayzmakincake Posted 24 Mar 2012 , 9:55am
post #1 of 5

Hi there,

I am just starting to get my pricing together and with what is being charged in my area, I have decided on $2.50 for BC, $3.50 for fondant, $1.00 extra per slice for fondant/gumpaste accents on the whole cake.

Can you please look at the layered petal cake in my gallery (pink, white, black) and tell me if you think $42 is fair for the 6-inch. Wilton says it serves 12. She was glad to pay the money, but some people I've been talking to keep saying, "a 6-inch cake is $42?"

Thank you!!

4 replies
Honeybees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeybees Posted 24 Mar 2012 , 10:16am
post #2 of 5

42 seems very fair. they are not just buying a cake they are buying art. Its a wow factor for events, the fact that its edible too makes it a plus. I'd say stick to ya guns don't lower the price. Personally Id rather sell 1 cake a week and charge more than work my butt off selling cakes cheap and still only making the same amount.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 24 Mar 2012 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 5

Those that are saying that it is too much have no idea what goes into making that kind of a cake. They are just going by what they see at Walmart, Costco, etc. You cannot compare the two. You get what you pay for.

RebeccaBloomwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebeccaBloomwood Posted 24 Mar 2012 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 5

I think $42 is fair. And yep, those people who think that it's too much are probably comparing your price to store bought cakes, they don't know what they're talking about.

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 24 Mar 2012 , 1:54pm
post #5 of 5

I would have charged 65

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%