Political Ads On This Website! Ggggrrrrr!

Lounge By DragonFly2333 Updated 22 Mar 2012 , 6:04pm by DragonFly2333

DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 4:53am
post #1 of 6

When I pull this site up there is an audio political ad, but I don't see a visual one. When I went to the forums home page I heard it again.

I find this annoying...this website is my escape. If I want hear about politics I would turn on CNN!

Hopefully it can be removed....??????

5 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 6

This isn't a solution, but just a suggestion to lower the nuisance level of this sort of thing: I never have the sound on on my computer unless I actually need to listen to something. I find all the bells and whistles that the operating system provides distracting enough - gratuitous audio ads, for whatever politician or product, would just drive me nuts!

DragonFly2333 Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 6

I have my sound on all the time b/c I listen to on-line radio stations. Sure, the easy thing to do is to turn it off, but the ease of surfing the net with bookmarks doesn't always allow that step to turn off the sound before pulling this site up.

I have been very tolerable of all the adds and all the changes to this site. I'm not a typical complainer, but politics should be left out of our cakes!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 6

Firefox with the AdBlock extension should remove the ads. Generally you should avoid blocking ads for web sites you want to support, but in my book an ad that automatically plays audio when you load the page warrants a block.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 22 Mar 2012 , 4:59am
post #5 of 6

Oh, lord, DragonFly2333, do I live in a low-tech environment! I never even thought of getting radio on the internet icon_smile.gif !

DragonFly2333 Posted 22 Mar 2012 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 6

Marianna should try it! XM radio, I HEART radio, NoShoesRadio....love them all. And the best is finding a station in another part of the country that plays your favorite music, b/c they usually spin different singles. I'm a huge country fan living on the east coast, so I've found some cool radio stations in Texas. Obviously they spin the popular songs, but the old songs they throw in are very much different then my local radio stations. I just like to mix things up, it's fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%