I Need Help Making A Safari Cake With A Alligator

Decorating By sherrystegall Updated 21 May 2012 , 9:15pm by savsmich

sherrystegall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrystegall Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 7

What is the best way to make the alligator.Does any one have a detailed video or instruction on how to make it and other safari type animals.

6 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 19 Mar 2012 , 4:42am
post #2 of 7

Hi,

Is yr alligator going to be made out of cake? OR will it be a small figure that will be place ontop of a cale?

If cake: I would make the head and tail out of RKTs and the body out of cake. Then cover and decorate.

If small figure: I would make it out of RKTs bc it is easy to mold/shape and stays put as well. You could do the figure in pieces (head, body, feet and tail) and attach with toothpicks and edilble glue or melted chocolate.

Safari Animals: You could also made them out of RKTs or modeling chocolate or a 50/50 mix. Also, search youtube, they have videos on different animals that might help you along.

HTH

sherrystegall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrystegall Posted 19 Mar 2012 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 7

I am thinking of making the alligator out of fondant It doesn't have to be huge but I can find any step by step instructions on how to do him . I also need to make a monkey,girraffe and elephant I have found some tutorial on those.

nicunurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicunurse Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 1:54am
post #4 of 7

Hi Sherry, I have a safari themed baby shower cake in my photos. If you like the animals and need instructions, feel free to PM me icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 2:17am
post #5 of 7

If i am not mistaken, there are tutorials on this site showing how to make a monkey and elephant. I will try to find an alligator. I have a book by Maisie Parrish on that, but don,t know how to send it to you. hth

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 2:19am
post #6 of 7

Hi, i just googled safari fondant animals tutorials and there are so many to choose from

savsmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savsmich Posted 21 May 2012 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 7

this one is easy to make..

. try it.. its easy. i made one for my sons cake...

Michelle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%