Looking For A White Wedding Cake Recipe!

Baking By joejessaustin Updated 31 Mar 2012 , 2:52pm by tomcatsgirl

joejessaustin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joejessaustin Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 4:18am
post #1 of 11

I am looking for a wonderful white wedding cake recipe. It really needs to be able to hold up to being covered in fondant. Please help!

10 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 5:57am
post #2 of 11

Have you tried WASC (white almond sour cream)? (recipe is on CC)

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 19 Mar 2012 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 11

Hi, I love Rose Levy's white velvet cake recipe. It is in the Cake Bible. Also in the back of her book she has a wedding cake section and it gives you the adjustments for larger pans.

Smallfrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smallfrye Posted 19 Mar 2012 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 11

I just found - A better white cake , reicpe here on cc you might look at that one.

jeniferlussi15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeniferlussi15 Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 9:03am
post #5 of 11

hi,
for recipe for white cake you may follow the link http://www.leighcakes.co.uk/

hope it will help you

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 11:03am
post #6 of 11

I use Rose Levy's Cake Bible. Her recipe for white wedding cake is outstanding. She has detailed instructions and recipes for a three tiered cake (6. 9. 12")as well as how to make just about any other size.

I use her recipes exclusively. They are tender, light and best of all hold up well under fondant and a chocolate ganache undercoat.

At tastings, I always offer white, golden and chocolate cake and even those brides who come in thinking they want a different flavor seem to always take the white cake. All the ingredients are fresh and don't have that chemical aftertaste that boxed mixes have unless you :"doctor" them up.

redcherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redcherry Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 11

Now I would give a cupcakes site for you which has the different variety images and recepies for you regarding the cakes and cupcakes.

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 11

Hi Southerncross. What do you think of Rose Levy's chocolate cakes? Like I stated earlier I love that white velvet cake. I tried her All American Chocolate and the Chocolate Fudge and they were dry. The chocolate domingo was excellent!

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 5:32pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy107

Hi Southerncross. What do you think of Rose Levy's chocolate cakes? Like I stated earlier I love that white velvet cake. I tried her All American Chocolate and the Chocolate Fudge and they were dry. The chocolate domingo was excellent!

Kathy, The first time I tried Rose's chocolate cake I found it too dry as well. Then I made sure I brushed it with her syrup recipe (flavoured with a chocolate liquour)...not too much... and that solved the problem. In fact, I usually offer two flavours of chocolate cake at my tastings...Rose's and Martha Stewart's one bowl chocolate ...from her Baking cookbook. MS's is a very deep and moist chocolate cake so it makes a nice contrast to Rose's ...and invariably, the brides select Rose's chocolate. In wedding cakes, it makes a lovely taste and lightness under fondant/chocolate ganache and a mousseline filling.

bekazu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekazu Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 7:38am
post #10 of 11

I like Nick Malgeri's recipe for white cake, although I never use only the egg whites, I put in half the amount of whole eggs. This cake is a bit denser than Rose's and I've found that it holds it's shape well under the weight of the fondant.

tomcatsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomcatsgirl Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 2:52pm
post #11 of 11

I have really searched for a good white recipe as well. I really like the CI recipe. i found this link interstingsounds like a fun experiment.

http://thebakemore.blogspot.com/2011/01/white-cake-taste-test.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%