Help Finding Muffin Cups, Please!

Baking By Kezzapee Updated 16 Mar 2012 , 8:55pm by Kezzapee

Kezzapee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kezzapee Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 10

Hi, this is my first post so I hope I'm asking in the right place.

I'm trying to find some ivory/cream coloured muffin cups to make cupcakes for my friend's wedding. I've looked everywhere I can think of and googled for hours but can only find patterned and coloured ones.
Ideally they would be glossy and have a scalloped edge but anything close to this would be good!

This is a link (hopefully, if I've done it right, to the coloured ones I like)
http://www.thelonebaker.com/journal/tag/paper-eskimo-baking-cups

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you, Kezzapee

9 replies
Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 1:19am
post #2 of 10
Kezzapee Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you for replying. I have had a look at the website you recommended but these appear to be the wrappers. I was really wanting the cups that you can bake straight into.

Any more suggestions gratefully received......I can't believe it's so difficult to find them, I would have thought ivory or even white would be one of the most popular colours!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 10

Did you try searching on muffin cups or muffin liners? There might be ones the right size in the color you want.

Kezzapee Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:

I would gladly buy 1000 if I could only find the style my friend wants icon_sad.gif

She has a particular dislike for the ribbed paper liners and the original plan was to use cupcake wrappers to get a glossy, more ridged look. I came across the muffin cups in my link (i think they are the Eskimo brand) and thought they were perfect but just can't find them anywhere in a plain cream or ivory.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Any more suggestions gratefully received!

shanter Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 12:07am
post #7 of 10

What was the objection to the wrappers?

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 12:39am
post #8 of 10

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine someone having such a strong objection to ribbed liners! She's going to have a tough time living in the real world if something so insignificant bothers her! Just saying ...

Kezzapee Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 8:41pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter

What was the objection to the wrappers?

There isn't one, we will probably use the wrappers if we can't find this style of cups. It would just be far easier to bake straight into the cup rather than have to fiddle with 100 wrappers!

The only reason I am asking, and trying so hard to find them, is because I can't believe that you can get this style of cup in so many lovely colours and patterns except for cream or ivory and thought that with such a wide audience somebody On here may have come across a supplier.

Kezzapee Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 8:55pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnybird

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine someone having such a strong objection to ribbed liners! She's going to have a tough time living in the real world if something so insignificant bothers her! Just saying ...

I think she can cope with them (and the rest of the real world) on a day to day basis icon_wink.gif but, like most people, is a bit more choosy when it comes to her wedding day. She originally wanted me to make her 100 small sponge cakes but as I am at her wedding, and my daughters are bridesmaids, I said that cupcakes would be easier. This is when we arrived at the compromise of cupcakes with wrappers around them. The 'Eskimo' style cups were an afterthought of mine - hence this (fruitless it appears) search!

Back to the cupcakes in wrappers it seems icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you to those that offered suggestions though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%