Sad Snoopy Cake

Decorating By luckylibra Updated 15 Mar 2012 , 2:02pm by luckylibra

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 3

How would you support this cake??

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2288808/snoopy-cake

I am thinking the best way to have supported this cake would have been to put something in between the layers of the doghouse.. how would you all do it? I had thought because the cake amount was so small it would not be heavy enough to need a support.. obviously I was wrong.. I think if I did it again I would also use rice cereal treats for the top (peak) part to make it more sturdy.. any thoughts? I am still new and not at the level of most of the cakers here so I figure I would ask the experts for advise. Thanks

2 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 3

That's such a cute cake. Maybe it's the angle of the picture but it doesn't look that droopy to me. The basic rule is to support every 4 inches, no matter the weight. The dog house should be on its own board - cut to fit. I don't work with RKT so I wouldn't be the one to advise you.

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 3

4 inches.. I will remember that. I had the doghouse on a board of its own with supports but definitely should have put another board halfway up the doghouse. The cake slid more as the day went on and I did not get a picture of that. I struggled with the peak and keeping it "peak like" for lack of a better word, while having Snoopy, who was kind of heavy as he was all fondant, on top. I may have needed support under him as well .. he kind of weighted down the top and squished it. I guess when in doubt.. over supoort..... can't go wrong there. icon_smile.gif
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%