Cake Flavor Ideas From Gourmet Chocolate Combos...

Decorating By tigachu Updated 15 Mar 2012 , 12:16am by tigachu

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 6

I never thought to do this before yesterday....

My lovely husband sent flowers and a box of gourmet chocolate to my job yesterday for our anniversary and as I ate a few of them (maybe half but who is counting), I thought...hmmmm....this would make a great cake!!

I looked at the card they inserted with the descriptions and a few that I never would have guessed really worked well together like dark chocolate and lemon, pistachio with cherry and dark chocolate.

Where do you find inspiration for flavors???

5 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 12:42pm
post #2 of 6

I find most inspirations for flavors in foods, desserts and cocktails. My favorite candy choc is dark chocolate and lemon but I am not sure how that would translate into a cake. Although I'm willing to experimenticon_smile.gif

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 6

Good thread idea. I like finding new flavor combinations as well. The cherry and pistachio sounds great! Personally, I can never do chocolate and citrus, but I know it is popular.

An interesting combination for me was blueberry and beer. Accidentally, that was all that was in the fridge one day. Could make a good cupcake!

tigachu Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 6

I am really intrigued by the dark chocolate and lemon combo! I also plan to try out a pistachio cake later on but i might have to really give that lemon and dark chocolate cake a go. Maybe a lemon cake with dark choc ganache filling and lemon curd SMBC or IMBC. hmmm....

They also had an awesome white chocolate cappuccino truffle candy....

tigachu Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 6

An interesting combination for me was blueberry and beer. Accidentally, that was all that was in the fridge one day. Could make a good cupcake![/quote]

I love blueberries but never thought to pair them with beer!! Sounds great icon_razz.gif

tigachu Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 12:16am
post #6 of 6

I experimented with a blueberry rum cake but it wasn't really a success, IMO. My friends liked it but I need to love it before I consider keeping a recipe. I couldn't get the balance I was really looking for. I thought that maybe I should have used brandy instead but I went on to testing a totally different recipe icon_redface.gif I guess I need to study baking with booze a bit more icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%