How To Achieve Silver Out Of White Chocolate

Decorating By labmom Updated 13 Mar 2012 , 4:19pm by 2xMiMi

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 3

I have a red and black wedding cake and she wants these odd accents of silver. I would like to use the accents out of white chocolate. How could I achieve a good silver color. A bright silver color. I thought about luster dust
or maybe the liquid air brush silvers? This isn't until I think May but would like to get started its going to be a big cake and also make lots of extras for breakage. any help appreciated.

2 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 12:34am
post #2 of 3

Your best bet would be to start with white chocolate tinted grey with a little bit of black candy coloring gel.

Dry brush silver luster or highlighter dust on the room temperature chocolate. Don't try to brush it right out of the frig or the condensation will make streaks.

Nu Silver luster dust will give you a light silver while silver highlighter will yield a much more shiny, metallic look. There's a little controversy over whether highlighter dust is edible or not. I treat it as something you probably shouldn't eat A LOT of. I also advise customers not to feed it to young children.

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 3

I did a tool box for my son's groom cake and used white and slowly added black until got the gray I wanted. It worked great. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%