What Is You Favorite Fondant???

Decorating By mandirombold Updated 14 Mar 2012 , 4:04am by mandirombold

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 8

what is your favorite fondant to use and why? I have been using Marshmellow fondant for 3ys and I really want to try something else becuz MMF is so unpredictiable. I have heard wilton is horrible tasting? Maybe try satin Ice? is it dry? ....Thanks for the help!

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 8

I like SatinIce and have used it for years. I also like PettinIce, but it is softer than SatinIce. Wilton tastes and smells horrid. HOWEVER, I have been know to mix Wilton and Satin 50/50. You get the good taste of Satin and the easy workability of Wilton.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 8

So far my fave is Massa Grischuna from Albert Uster.

SandyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyS Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 8

I think I have tried all of them except Wilton......I love fondarific! It is easy to work with, modeling with it is a dream and it taste great! Just love it!!

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 8

I use the satin ice but find it to be dry, I add crisco to it but sometimes it still cracks on my corners. Fondarific, I cannot figure out how to use it! the two buckets I bought are still in my pantry icon_sad.gif it's like taffy and it just sticks to everything... any suggestions??

SandyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyS Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 3:23am
post #6 of 8

I use a little powdered sugar with my Fondarific - try it again it is a very forgiving fondant and I never have dry cracks or "elephant skin"

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 7:36am
post #7 of 8

Fondx.

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 4:04am
post #8 of 8

thanks so much everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%