Gluten Free Lemon Cake Recipe...any One Please!!!!!!

Baking By TBEANZ Updated 13 Mar 2012 , 3:31am by TBEANZ

TBEANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TBEANZ Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 6:19am
post #1 of 5

Hey guys.

Just wondering if any of you wonderful bakers/decorators had a good gluten free go to recipe you would be whiling to share..

thanks in advance.

4 replies
auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 8:37am
post #2 of 5

Are you home- or commercially-baking ? Have you GF baked before ?

TBEANZ Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 5

Hi there,

I am just baking at home for friends for now. Hoping to go pro sooner than later.

Nope i have never GF baked before. In NZ there is a store called BIN INN which has loads of GF ingredients. I dont need just a lemon cake recipe, i'm open to any sort really.

Thanks.

Tina.

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 2:54am
post #4 of 5

Re-post:

GF baking is a chemistry unto itself. It takes practice and practice: and guinea pigs to eat the "experiments". It does not come easy, but it will come ...

If you intend to bake GF, you will have to check all baking and decorating products for glutenous ingredients. Manufacturers change their formulae regularly, so this will be on-going.

Your household has to be geared up for "allergy food preparation".

The biggest problem for people is cross-contamination. The food-preparation area must be gluten-proof - the slightest trace of gluten on equipment, counter-tops, hands etc is enough to contaminate any/some/all food-products.

Baking Notes: not complete and not limited to -
1. No shared wooden utensils: they are highly absorbent [no rolling pin, no cake board]
2. No shared wooden and plastic cutting boards: nicks, grooves and scratches can retain particles
3. No Plastic storage containers (absorbs gluten just like food odours and colours).
4. Dont use the same flour-sifter for gluten-free and regular flours.
5. Dont prepare gluten-free foods on the same surface used to prepare foods with gluten unless the surface has been thoroughly cleaned.
6. "Dip and spread" products, eg peanut butter or honey, could be contaminated from previous usage.
7. items [eg piping tips, cookie cutters], and baking pans that are made with "seams", "rivets", or crevices, may accumulate gluten and runs a risk of contamination.

Flour dust [containing gluten] can stay airborne in kitchens for many hours after use. When it settles, it will contaminate surfaces, utensils, and uncovered gluten-free food.

Lots of thing to think about.

TBEANZ Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 3:31am
post #5 of 5

Hey there,

Thanks loads for the info.

Its a request by a friend. I dont have "clients" as such. But i am sure when i do go pro and start getting such orders then i will definately follow those guide lines.

But for now any Gluten free recipes?

Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%