Question On Mmf???

Decorating By banana22 Updated 13 Mar 2012 , 11:51am by Tails

banana22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banana22 Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone! I have a question about MMF. Not sure on how to ask this, but.....I have made this a few times in the past and have noticed that when I roll it out to start cutting my shapes that it tends to stick to the surface. I have greased and powdered the surface and still it sticks.( Very aggravating!) Is there a solution to this problem and how do I get the air bubbles out of it? I will be doing a 3 tiered birthday cake this coming weekend and she is wanting it covered with the MMF. So any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

6 replies
suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 5:04am
post #2 of 7

I have made this only once. Once you make your mmf do you keep it to rest for a couple of days. I am told that if you do this, that there would be less air bubbles. HTH May be yr mmf needs more powdered sugar

Mikomomof4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikomomof4 Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 7

try using cornstarch instead of powdered sugar. seems like the dusted powdered sugar wants to become one with the rolled mmf unlike the dusted cornstarch which seems to stay separate from rolled mmf. don't roll to thin and make sure that you roll fondant, lift , check to see if you need more dusting. good luck!!

banana22 Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 12:51am
post #4 of 7

Thank you both for your response.

banana22 Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 12:54am
post #5 of 7

Suzie-what is HTH?

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 1:56am
post #6 of 7

Hope That Helps . If you bring yr cursor on to the abbreviation it should tell you what it means in a text on cc.

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 11:51am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzied

Hope That Helps . If you bring yr cursor on to the abbreviation it should tell you what it means in a text on cc.

(Not anymore, just says HTH)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%