Need Ideas For A "welcome To The Family" Cake

Decorating By Jennz818 Updated 19 Sep 2005 , 5:08am by jjandascog

Jennz818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennz818 Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 4:37am
post #1 of 5

Ok...My mother-in-law is planning a party for my sister-in-law who lives far away for November.
The occasion...she's in the process of adopting 3 children. My mil is not having the party to celebrate the adoption itself because it won't be finalized for another 6 months or so. Because they live far away and will be in town for the holiday she just wants to get the family together to meet the children...
I wanted to do something more than a sheet cake with flowers but I don't really know what to do.
It will most likely be a "welcome to the family" type theme....
Any idea....
Thanks so much...
Jennz818

4 replies
mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 6:20am
post #2 of 5

i don't know if the kids are babies...just getting things rolling, what about something with three little bears? Maybe a stork bringing 3 packages?

mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 6:22am
post #3 of 5

oh what about a train pulling 3 cars full of love? (hearts, packages...???)

Jennz818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennz818 Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 5

thanks mudpie, I really like the train idea. The kids are a 7 year old boy and 2 girls 5 and 3 years.

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 5:08am
post #5 of 5

I liked the idea someone on here gave me for announcing a pregnancy...
I expanded and decided to do an apple tree with apples for each person in the family and the baby in the diaper for the new baby. I'm going to write the last name across the cake where the trunk is like those welcome signs people put on their houses and then say "another apple is falling from the tree". You could put an apple for each of the children instead of the baby in the diaper and do the family name and then say something like "our family tree is blossoming" or "we're growing new branches".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%