Help! What Do I Do With These Cupcakes!

Decorating By Cake_farmer Updated 11 Mar 2012 , 3:52am by cheatize

Cake_farmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_farmer Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 4

So I made these cupcakes to sell at a friend's farm "shearing days" event which runs today and tommorow. She told me she has 200 people come a day, so I made 17 dozen of these cupcakes!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2286220/fleet-of-sheep

They may not look like a lot, but for me it was a huge thing. I baked Tuesday and Wendsdays (1 dozen at a time in my oven or else they burnt.) As they were baking I made all the heads (fondant with premade sugar eyes.) Then yesterday I spent most of the day (8 hours) decorating.

Today, I sold less then a dozen cupcakes (and my friend bought 24 for her helpers today.) The issue may have been the weather. It was in the 30s today. The event runs tommorow as well, and with temps forcast for the high 50s we may have a lot of people, but I have a LOT of cupcakes.

Can I freeze them decorated? I guess the answer is no, particallulary because of the black fondant heads with sugar eyes on white frosting...

I am so upset, this is the first time I have done something like this. I need to make at least $150 to make back my money in ingredents... I really hope it is not all a waste... icon_sad.gif

3 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 2:28am
post #2 of 4

Oh, I don't know if you can freeze them but they're SO cute! I hope tomorrow goes better!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 2:58am
post #3 of 4

Hi, i just saw your beautiful cup cakes. Lot of work. I am gonna say that you can freeze them. I have frozen cakes with black and red b/c deco's on them. (because the person didn,t get them when she said) The next week , the cake was as good as new. No fading on the white icing. hth Try one tonight and see. But, i wouldn,t think twice about it.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 3:52am
post #4 of 4

If you're worried, can you remove the heads and store them separately?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%