Soccer Ball Cupcakes

Baking By Pickulz Updated 10 Mar 2012 , 8:29pm by Nancy_TX

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 3

How do I make the soccer ball cupcakes?
I want to ideally take a grass tip and put green grass on the base of the cupcake and a soccer ball on top...made with fondant... But not sure how to mark the ball and put the black markings,,..has anyone made one here who can help?

2 replies
pbuder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbuder Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 3

I did Soccer ball cupcakes for my son last year. My local cake bakery store carried soccer ball candles and I used the grass tip. We only lit one for the birthday boy and put the wick down on the others. That worked well. I also had the sports oreo cookie mold that I painted in with dyed chocolate, fit in the oreo cookie and then added more melted chocolate. Those were a real hit.

If I were to try and do fondant soccer balls knowing what I know now, I would make white balls and just use an edible black marker to draw the lines in. I think trying to patchwork one such a small item as many times as you need for cupcakes might be an exercise in frustration.

Nancy_TX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancy_TX Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 3

I would either use the soccer ball candy mold or the soccer ball foil wrapped chocolates before I'd try to draw the lines on a ball of fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%