Help!!! What Is This Chinese Dragon Web Type Thing Called?!?

Decorating By cakeflake80 Updated 11 Mar 2012 , 4:15am by cheatize

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 3:51am
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone!! I am currently in the process of decorating a cake for my friend's son, who is having his birthday party at his karate school tomorrow. When she first sent me the picture of different cakes and what she wanted incorporated from each one, I didn't think twice because it seemed simple. Now that I'm working on it, I tried to do a google search for the image that she wants on the top of the cake and I can't find it anywhere!! I normally resize it and then print it out to use as a template. I can't use the picture she sent me because it's at a weird angle, and it's zoomed in so I can't see the exact pattern of the yellow blocks. I have been searching online for over an hour and I can't find anything like it! All she said in her original email was that he wants the yellow dragon web thing on the top, and of course she's not answering her phone or texts!! Does anyone know if this is an actual image that this cake artist recreated on this cake, or is it something she just came up with on her own?? I don't want to make it wrong if it actually is some sort of popular chinese symbol!! I've attached a picture.....if anyone can help me I will be forever grateful!!
LL

7 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 4:02am
post #2 of 8

http://thespeckledegg.net/?p=247

Ninja star target cake

cakeflake80 Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 4:09am
post #3 of 8

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just made my night!!!

cheatize Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 4:29am
post #4 of 8

You're welcome. I looked it up on google images. icon_smile.gif

cakeflake80 Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 5:02am
post #5 of 8

I tried google and bing, but I definitely wasn't using the correct search words lol!!

cheatize Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 8

It's a google image search.

Save the image somewhere on your computer.

Google image search, click on it.

Upload your picture to the search bar, press enter.

Look at the results and click on the most likely places.

cakeflake80 Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 5:16pm
post #7 of 8

Oh my goodness....I didn't know you could do that!!! That will be very helpful in the future. Thank you so much!!

cheatize Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 4:15am
post #8 of 8

I just figured out what everyone was talking about a few months ago. It's been very useful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%