Which Orange Dreamsicle Recipe For Cupcakes

Baking By cricket0616 Updated 13 May 2012 , 1:21am by unctoothlady

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 5

I am making cupcakes for my son's class and he asked me to make MacsMom Orange Dreamsicle recipe. My question is, has anyone tried to make them into cupcakes. I know that I made the recipe a couple times and sometimes it is great and once it fell in the middle. I also know there are three different versions of the recipe.

The one I have is: Do you think this will work or will it be too moist for cupcakes?

Orange Dreamsicle - MacsMom
2 boxes white cake mix
2 c melted orange sherbet
2/3 c OJ or diet orange soda (soda suggested by cinderspritzer: "I added ... diet sunkist soda.... and it tastes FREAKING AWESOME!!!")
2 c flour
1-3/4 c sugar
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda (modified to add baking soda 3/10/10)
2 c sour cream
9 egg whites
1/4 c oil
1 T orange extract
*Perhaps some food coloring

4 replies
flourgirlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgirlz Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 5

I made this recipe as cupcakes, they are WONDERFUL!!! I did only do half the recipe since I didn't need that many cupcakes. If I remember correctly, half made approx. 38 or 40 cupcakes. HTH!

meggsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggsie Posted 9 May 2012 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 5

What would be a good frosting/recipe for this recipe?? It sounds sooo yummy!!!

Mommacoz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommacoz Posted 10 May 2012 , 10:49am
post #4 of 5

I did an orange cupcake last weekend, just wanted to play around with some flavors and read on here about using a key lime flavored icing with it so I tried that and everyone really liked it.

I am going to try that recipe for the cupcakes though, I just added to orange extract to my yellow cake recipe and they were good but thought it could have had a little more orange flavor.

unctoothlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unctoothlady Posted 13 May 2012 , 1:21am
post #5 of 5

WHOA! That recipe DOES sound fantastic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%