A Chevy Truck

Decorating By sherrystegall Updated 9 Mar 2012 , 3:09am by sherrystegall

sherrystegall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrystegall Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 9:21am
post #1 of 8

My daughter and her boyfriend love to go mudding in his Chevy so for her birthday I want to make a truck going mudding.I have never made a truck before so I am wondering what would be the best way to go about this.Ant tips what so ever would be greatly appreciated.

7 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 11:21am
post #2 of 8

I'd get blueprints and go from there. Carve from a stack of cake, cover with modeling chocolate then fondant.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/
http://carblueprints.info/

to elevate it so the body isn't sitting on the ground, sit it on a board supported by blocks underneath, where the wheels will be. The wheels will hide the blocks and you will be able to see under the truck, just like a real one.

sherrystegall Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the tips I will check those out.What do you think is the best cake to use.Normally I make my own pound cake or white chocolate batter but I worry it will not be good for this.They work good for my tier cakes but I have never built a cake like this .This is new territory for me .Also I need tomake bushes and trees in the back ground what are the best ways to make these.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 8

You can use grape stems to make bushes, there's a couple methods if you google them.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 8

I'd use pound cake. More sturdy....make sure you use adequate supports.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 8

Mike Mccarey has a great dvd on a car. I used it make a truck for my grandson. Mike elder has a great dvd on a truck also. I haven,t used his method,(I have the dvd) but his instructions are great. Yes, you get a pattern from the blueprints.com and go from there. hth

sherrystegall Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 8

thanks guys I am sure I have bitten off way more than I can chew but I am gonna give it a try

sherrystegall Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 3:09am
post #8 of 8

what do you guys recommend for me to use for the heat lights and running board lights.I want them to looks as real as possible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%